Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hey Richard Jefferson, I would have dumped her before the wedding too; it's all about you Bro.

I might be kinda late on this one, but a longtime reader asked me to share my thoughts on it. That plus my wife has been talking about this since the story broke.

Uh huh, and to make matters worse, last week in a round-table discussion over at the FreshXpress - a forum you folks should checkout - I was asked to share my thoughts as well.

Before I get into this one lemme say that I'm somewhat surprised that this story is getting attention in the media unlike the story of Pittsburgh Steeler Ben Roethlisberger’s rape allegations.

It's surprising that people are still talking about NBA player Richard Jefferson leaving his fiancé at the altar. I don't know but it seems to me that some ole "he raped me," shit should be in the news cycle continuously. But no, that's not an important story, and no I'm not going to say it's racial because Kobe Bryant was on blast 24/7 with his alleged rape story a few years ago.

Nope, Kobe being Black and Ben being a White guy has nothing to do with it. The fact that people are still talking about Richard Jefferson just proves that the only reason Kobe was put on blast was because he was a married man at the time. Yup, and Ben's a single guy and that's why he can get a pass; yes, him being White has nothing to do with it; it’s not rape when you’re a single White guy; nor is it news-worthy.

But, that's not what I want to talk about today. If you feel like shedding some light on the subject feel free to do so in your commentary. Instead, I'd like to talk about Richard Jefferson.

Check it:



Okay, first of all, did you notice that he did not leave her at the altar as the media put it out about a week ago? Yeah, we all had the impression that this brother just chose to skip out on the wedding at the 11th hour. Well, you heard it in the clip above; she knew about a week before the wedding that he wasn't going to go thru with it. Uh huh, and she also said that her friends and family still all showed up and had a "life" celebration? Oh well, why let all that hard work and money she spent on the 2 million dollar wedding go to waste. Oh my bad, she didn't spend shit. But understandably she's still shitty. Yep, it's not everyday a baller slips through your fingers like that. Shit, for all we know she may have been the Bridezilla type.

You know what? You might not agree with me, but I think Jefferson did the right thing. Ok yeah, so he pretty much threw all that money down the drain, but in the end I think it was still worth it. According to him he said that they were having issues even in the month leading up to the wedding so he didn't want to go through with it and probably make one of the biggest mistakes of his life. Personally, I think he should be commended for that. You know why? He should be commended because he did the honorable thing by calling off the wedding when he had doubts.

I'm on my second marriage and even within the last few hours of my single life before my first wedding I had doubts. With good reason, having received some not so good information about my then fiancé, I should have called it off. Instead, I didn't want to disappoint anyone, so I went through with it and figured we could work out our differences in time. Sorry, having found out that she had cheated by her confession almost at the 11th hour, I should have been man enough to call the wedding off and save myself the heartache I eventually went through.

So this is why I actually applaud Richard Jefferson for doing what he did. Of course his situation is probably not like mine was back then. But hey, you never know why they were beefing. But you know what? I have a theory on that. You see, to me, I think he got shook by all the Steve McNair news. He had to be, and that would mean that he too is/was messing with a deranged 20yr old chick from Iran. I’m just sayin, you don’t pull stunts like that unless you’re getting married at the courthouse.

Throwing away $2 million and giving your boys your black card to kick it for the night as an act of contrition is jacked up even by Pacman Jones standards, yes. But hey, it was either that or get married, and then get murked by some crazy chick who you've been lying to and make the news. At least he's still alive and making money unlike a certain dead ex-professional athlete who played for the Tennessee Titans.

Ok yeah, so that's just my theory, and you don't have to agree with it. But do you think he was right in doing what he did? My wife when she first heard the news wanted to cut his balls off, and I'm sure most women thought that way as well. But like I said, you gotta give him his props in the end. At least he didn't wind up in Mexico or some remote location after telling everybody he was abducted by a Black man like somebody once did.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails