Monday, June 7, 2010

Why you should care about Slim Thug's assault on Black Women

I haven't been on Twitter much lately because I'm tired from the joy that is my third pregnancy, but I logged on to see that Fresh (@Freshalina) from Crunk and Disorderly posted an excerpt of an opinion piece failed rapper Slim Thug (pictured above on the left) did for Vibe.com.

He's a moron of epic proportions, but I was able to syphon out what he was trying to say in the beginning. I knew, however, that the "Shit-on-Black-Women" parade would begin posthaste. He did not disappoint. Do the stupid ever?

Most single Black women feel like they don’t want to settle for less. Their standards are too high right now. They have to understand that successful Black men are kind of extinct. We’re important. It’s hard to find us so Black women have to bow down and let it be known that they gotta start working hard; they gotta start cooking and being down for they man more. They can’t just be running around with their head up in the air and passing all of us.

I have a brother that dates a White woman and he always be fucking with me about it saying, “Y’all gotta go through all that shit [but] my White woman is fine. She don’t give me no problems, she do whatever I say and y’all gotta do all that arguing and fighting and worry about all this other shit.”

My girl is Black and White. I guess the half White in her is where she still cooks and do all the shit that I say, so we make it. She just takes care of me and I like that. She don’t be begging and I don’t gotta buy her all this crazy ass shit. And she’s a smart girl too. She graduated from Columbia [University] and I like that about her so it’s cool. I’ve dated girls that will buy a $3,000 bag and don’t know how to pay it off on their credit cards. They walk around in these Louis Vuittons and red bottoms but they’re riding around in raggedy cars, so it’s just getting your priorities right.

White women treat they man like a king and Black women feel like they ain’t gotta do that shit. Black women need to stand by their man more. Don’t always put the pressure of if I’m fucking with you, you gotta buy me this and that. Black men are the ones that motherfuckers need [but] I think a lot of them need to step it up too. A Black man who gets a little bread will go make it rain in the club and be broke the next day or instead of him going to invest in a business he gonna go buy new jewelry or a new car and still live in the hood. Black peoples’ mentality is real fucked up in general [and] it’s affecting everything.

Black women need to be more genuine and be more 50/50 [but] It should be a fair exchange in a relationship period or eventually somebody is gonna feel like they’re getting fucked over whether it’s the woman or the man. I think that will help Black relationships out a lot.
As usual, you have a man who is a (c)rapper who raps about dumb, arcane materialistic things. His lyrics lack substance but are rife with all of his material possessions and all the "hoes" and "bitches" he has acquired or can acquire with money. Is it then ANY wonder why women who are materialistic would see him as a target? They KNOW he has no standards, and will do anything to show off his "riches". It's a business transaction, right?

He gets to mistreat them, for some handbags and some trinkets. Of course, he is not to blame for being the type of guy that attracts trash. I mean, lions eat meat and flies come with the territory. Anything that is a predator like that can expect some kind of parasite hanging around it. Slim Thug is evidently too stupid and insipid to understand that.

Of course he doesn't understand how black women would pass someone like him up. I mean, he's a god among men! Who wouldn't want to date a guy called Slim Thug? Good black women find good MEN. If she passes you up, Slim, she's a good black woman and you're not good enough. That's your problem, Thug. Not ours. Might I suggest fitted suits, an honest job and a name like Slim Professor? How about Slim Businessman? Or Slim Honest Job? Or Slim Mechanic?


Naturally, negroes like Slim Thug have to drag their choice to subjugate starstruck white women into the fray to attack black women's sanity. "You'll never be as good as white women." Oddly enough, what Slim Thug fails to understand is that the kind of white women that would let a man, especially a thug like him, treat them like "the help" are the kind of white women that white men push aside and don't want.

Mind you, I am not talking about mutually respectful interracial relationships between black men and white women. I am talking about the relationships where a black man will say that he loves his white woman because she does "everything" he "tells" her to do. This is not a relationship. This is servitude; a co-dependency where the woman is unstable and the man takes advantage.

You don't have to be in an IR to know this is wrong.

I feel sorry for any white woman who falls for this trap. What she is getting is the the refuse from the trash bin. That's not a victory by any stretch. Equally, I pity any black man who needs this type of relationship to be happy, be the female black or white. I am not saying to walk all over your man. Indeed, I believe in playing positions, but relationships are not dictatorships.

This is the type of thing that I pledge to combat everyday in my household, as I am raising two boys (maybe three) who will be seen as black first by the outside world. Somewhere, somehow his upbringing did not have that love for self; knowledge of self that is required to be a minority who not only survives, but flourishes under the guise of a society that constantly tells you that you are unworthy if you are not Aryan.

People always use the arguments that the mothers of these men are black, and so are their sisters, aunts, etc. The problem is they were never thought to appreciate that, just sort of "be", then they could care less about what their female family members say. And after seeing the Self-hating Negro Zombie Militia (SNZM), chiefly ran by black females, come to his defense on Twitter, I am not surprised that he may feel secure in his beliefs with the females in his family.

It gets worse if his father wasn't in the picture to show him a black woman being cherished, loved and respected like a woman should (and vice versa). He only devotes a quiet blip to black men and their spending habits. Isn't he bright, folks? This guy makes Fox News seem really fair and balanced. I think I'd get a fairer assessment out of them reporting on Barack Obama than Slim Thug assessed black men and black women in this hack piece.

I am really disappointed, but not surprised, that most of his most vocal supporters on Twitter were black women. We've heard this tripe so much, and disrespect each other so frequently, that certain predators know they are protected by these women. Women in general are eating each other alive these days, but black women consistently specialize in this special kind of vitriol that puts an assault victim like Rihanna at fault for a thrashing she didn't deserve.

You may ask why should you care. You might even come up with a plethora of reasons for why he doesn't matter. In all reality, the guy does not matter. He's a classic embodiment of the "Negro Brute", a stereotype of a lusting, beastly black male that is more animal-like predator than human, if human at all. That's unfortunate because he was raised to act this way; he welcomes it. His cabal of bitter black women looking for love in all the wrong places welcome him with open arms; and, his cabal of sniveling black men who blame women for their problems encourage him.

As I type this my husband asks, "God, how many black dudes are going to come to his defense?" To which I don't have an answer. In truth, I don't want to answer because I'm embarrassed to say that quite a few will; and, the harpies who support them will celebrate them as well saying, "I know he's not talking about me." The problem is, he IS talking about all of us, in the worst way.

In it's simplest form, his post says:  
"Black men are brutes. Black women ain't shit. White women are shit (not a compliment by the way), and I--an ignorant buffoon--have all the answers. And you will love me for it."
That's why you should care. This post (and my Twitter barrage on him) was "For Colored Folks Who've Considered Rioting When Bullshitting Was Enough." If you aren't with that, then don't ask me why I care. Don't even bother to comment, because I cannot quantify why to someone who doesn't get it, why I DO get it. I won't even bother, nor will I try.

I KNOW he's not talking about me; I'm married. My husband loves me, and we have a family unit. We've worked through every obstacle. I've found my other half. I cook. I clean (when I'm not suffering from all-day-preggy sickness). I'm devoted to him like no other he will ever meet in his life. So I am not offended because Slim Thug is right, or offended me personally. I know he's a simpleton.

I do care, however, because for as long as I can remember I stayed quiet, opting to be silent and dignified, when people like him attacked black women or black people. I would say, "Oh, I just won't support this person financially." What has that gotten us? We know that we live in a world where the fool speaks louder, and therefore attracts more people. He's still making some modicum of money, and I don't think that's okay. Obviously, that strategy hasn't worked. I'm mad because he is supplying fuel to a fire; providing arms to a rebellion against black people, that needs to be extinguished so that we, as a unit, can move on.

We have let this rebellion go on far too long.  My heart still aches over Aiyana Jones, who is dead and damned near forgotten already, and her parents might be responsible for letting the Devil in to create havoc and take their little girl away. I am of the firm belief that what racists do to us is like pissing in the ocean compared to what we do to ourselves in most cases. It is a rarity for a black man to be dragged behind a white man's truck in this day and age, but black men killing each other over a "dirty look" happens every day; sometimes more than once a day in certain areas.

We can no longer afford to be quiet when black folks debase and dehumanize us, but bark like ravenous Dobermans when white folks make a blip of something that could POSSIBLY be racist. Our own hypocrisy does us in; and I'm tired of people like Slim Thug trying to attack our sanity. You don't have to care, but I do. At 28 years old, I am tired of taking the "high road." My silence has not done ANYTHING to demobilize the Forces of Black Degradation, especially among black double-agents like Slim Thug.

I just finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell, one of my favorite authors. I don't want to be one of the animals being lied to by "the pigs."  I don't want to be like Boxer, who had good intuition but stayed quiet, which ended in his demise in a most horrible way any damned way, because he trusted the collective. I do remember a time when we as black folks all saw each other as equal, not as "more equal than others."

It's time we take back our lives from "the pigs."

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails