Thursday, April 2, 2009

So What's Wrong with Single Payer Healthcare Coverage?

The most important piece of legislation in America today, with nearly 100 cosponsors in the house, H.R.676 is the only health care bill that will truly reform our tragically broken health care system. What would you think about a health care system that actually works for everybody, costs billions of dollars less, provides greater coverage, truly protects you from financial ruin due to medical bills, improves quality, increases innovation, and returns medical decisions to you and your doctor instead of some claims adjuster at an insurance company 1,000 miles away.

31 cents of every health care dollar spent is wasted on administrative expenses and insurer profits in the US system. This is why the US spends double what other industialized nations spend on health care yet has worse outcomes. We need to save that money and spend it on better health care for you, me, and all Americans. Our system is sick and dying, and this is the cure. And just for the record, this is NOT what President Obama is proposing. Don't let the word UNIVERSAL in his healthcare proposal fool you. This is what America needs. Can you tell me why it won't work?

For more information, contact:

California Nurses Association www.calnurses.org

Physicians for a National Health Program www.pnhp.org

Healthcare-NOW! www.healthcare-now.org

3 comments:

Madam Z said...

Good post! Unfortunately, I am too darned lazy to read through the entire bill, and I'll bet that most of the people who vote on it won't read it either. I don't know whether or not it will work, but I do agree that what we have now is NOT working. Like almost everything in government and big business today, the process and demands of everything that affects vast numbers of people is just too damned HUGE! Whether it's health care, banking, food safety, education or whatever, it's too big and complicated for anyone to even figure out, much less "fix."

How's that for blatant pessimism?

♥ CG ♥ said...

I've worked in health care my entire career, for both nonprofit orgs and corporations. The one thing I feel strongly about is...a single payer system will not work. I haven't read the bill yet, but will. The gov has enough on it's hands holding Medicare, Medicaid, etc. together. A huge capacity building effort is needed, but that will take years. There's no quick fix, but it sure would help if the majority would get on the same page. I applaud the Prez's push for I.T., which is long overdue. Many docs aren't happy about it, but I think it will greatly improve patient care. I could go on and on, but this is a daunting but much needed step forward.

Anonymous said...

Man, Michael Moore a fool! Straight up!

When we I was young, I don't remember there bein' no problem with health care... shooooo... my daddy sent me to the doctor a lot and he didn't have no insurance.

I agree with CurvyGurl and MadamZ, I think it's gotten way to big and overloaded with red tape cause doctors be gettin' sued to much. I think this is what made the price go up to high for people to afford.

We need to let Doctors do they job and find some other jobs for all these dang lawyers and agitators like Michael Moore... punkass!

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails