Monday, June 15, 2009

Lets See: Michelle Obama looks like a monkey; Barack Obama is going to tax aspirin 40% because it's white; and none of that is racist?


There's a blog that I regularly read that's called "Stuff White People Do". It's a great blog that I recommend you guys checkout. The author of that blog - Macon d - is himself a White man, and I have to give it to him, he's honest when he speaks on race and perceptions thereof. I wish more White folks were as honest as he is. I mean, like the next few people I'm gonna talk about for example:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I hang out on twitter quite a bit, and I am following quite a few GOP-ers, and lemme tell you, they are some of the most vile, obtuse, and pathetic muthafuckas I've ever encountered. I've had a few debates with them where I've busted their heads wide open to where they don't even fuck with me. But the screenshot above is an example of the stuff they talk about all damn day long on twitter. The above screenshot captures a convo or comment made by a South Carolina GOP operative Mike Green. When the good folks over at Talking Points Memo confronted him about what he said on Twitter this past weekend, this was his response:

"Let me give you a call back."

Oh so these assholes are big and bad enough to spew bullshit like this as jokes but not man enough to own up to them. Yeah, but these right wing chowder heads are giving Dave Letterman hell for what he said about Sarah Palin's 18yr old daughter?

Moving right along...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Another South Carolina GOP activist Rusty DePass -- hey, what the hell is up with South Carolina? -- made the above comment on Facebook last Friday in response to a Gorilla becoming loose at a a zoo in his state or town. Yup, and that was his response. Uh huh, you guessed it, his was another joke. When confronted about this, he had this to say:

DePass told WIS-TV in Columbia, "I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest."

Then he added, "The comment was hers, not mine," claiming Michelle Obama made a recent remark about humans descending from apes. The Daily News could find no such comment. [source]

You read that half ass bullshit? He never acknowledged that what he said was offensive. Instead he ushered in the "I am as sorry as I can be IF I offended anyone." In other words, if you were not offended, then it's no big deal. Yup, it's cool to go around making racist jokes like that especially when you're sure you're not gonna get caught.

Moving right along...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yup, finally we have this "goof" by a fellow Tennessee resident who happens to be legislative aid for Tennessee state senator Diane Black. What she did was to send the above image which depicts President Barack Obama as, well, you saw it above; tell me if that's not racist and insensitive. I'm guessing that she thought she could get a pass on this because her boss's last name is Black. Well anyway, she gets confronted about it, and she says in her apology:

“I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button.”- Sherri Goforth [source]
Really? You hit the wrong button? Oh so you didn't mean to send it out to those friends, but another set. Yeah, she meant to send it out to the cool kids in the office who would have had a laugh and not snitched on her, right? I swear, these folks are a damn trip. Yup, and all of this happened all in one weekend. I don't know folks, but I think this is the type of stuff that happens when you belong to a party short on ideas; it's wonder Black Republicans never have shit to say about stuff like this. Oh well, us Negroes will just have to stomach it for the next 4yrs I guess. I mean really: it doesn't matter when they can't even sincerely apologize for any wrong doing.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails