Thursday, October 15, 2009

If it's free, Negroes will be there, especially if you tell them you won the lottery

As a consumer there are two times when you buy something: 1) When you have to, and 2), When an opportunity presents itself; and said opportunity, is defined as “a favorable set of circumstances”. That said, check out what happened to these patrons at a Burlington Coat Factory store in Columbus Ohio yesterday:


Now according to what I read over at FROM MY BROWN EYED VIEW from Lady Deborah who just so happens to live in Columbus Ohio. The woman in question is named Linda Brown, and in a statement to the press from her daughter, she is a mental patient. Proving once again that sometimes “crazy” isn’t always detectable. Now had she showed up looking like who done it and what for. I doubt anyone would have taken her seriously. But what can I say that BBD (R&B group Bell, Biv, DeVoe) hasn’t already said: “You can’t trust a big butt and a smile.”

She was arrested for an outstanding warrant. But what's disturbing to me is that she can be potentially charged for inciting a riot. Yeah, did I mention that those fine patrons trashed the store when they found out they had been Punked? Uh-huh, apparently they were upset when Ashton Kutcher and the hidden camera crew failed to step out from the shadows when it was all said and done.

“By the time employees realized Brown didn't have any cash to pay, police said, she already had taken off in the limo.

That's when angry customers, realizing they weren't getting free coats, began throwing merchandise on the floor and grabbing clothes without paying for them, Nace said.

"Everybody was like, 'I still want my free stuff,' and that started the riot," he said. "It looks like (Hurricane) Katrina went through the store."

Police said they have no way of tracking down the customers who stole items and fled, but they're reviewing surveillance video.

When the limousine driver realized he wasn't going to be paid the $900 Brown owed him for the day's rental, he turned her in to police, Deakins said.

Brown, 44, was arrested on three outstanding warrants for aggravated menacing, misuse of a 911 system and causing false alarms. She was jailed late Wednesday, but no charges had been filed against her related to the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.” - (Source: New York Daily News)
After reading the above article my initial thought was “Damn, shit like that never happens to me!” Ok, so I know it's sick and maybe a bit twisted, but the truth is I'm just not the luckiest guy in the world - I'm never around when something like that happens. Ok, so maybe it's my inner greed speaking; I'm human aren't I? Even so, and as human as I am, I seriously doubt I would have been in on the looting and rioting. I mean, that's with the exception of me being left to die after a Category 5 hurricane hit my city of course. What can I say; I love free stuff just like my cousins; and in this economy, is that a bad thing?

I guess from here on out people are going to question Secret Santa's as the pop up on the scene this upcoming holiday season; especially if they're Black and riding in Limos. Mental Health is an often overlooked issue in the Black community. But somehow were this woman's condition explained or realized by these these patrons. I doubt they would have cared because all they heard was F-R-E-E, bitches! And I bet some of them are talking about it today, and happy about how they got over at the expense of Linda Brown and her family.

P.S. I love my people, but I hate when they act like animals.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails