Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fantasia, Suicide, & the Natural Progression of Hoe-Shit

So Fantasia tried to kill herself; overdosed on Bayer Baby Aspirin is what I heard. See what happens when you can't read? Yeah I know that last line was fucked up; after all, the girl did try and kill herself. But I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for her. Like Jay-Z said, "shit was allgood just a week ago," but now you wanna kill yourself because now the word is out that you've been having a relationship with a married man and there's a possible sex tape hiding in somebody's friggin closet?

Of course being sued by the wife of said married man  to the tune of $2,000,000 probably doesn't help matters, but, err, umm, I'm pretty sure Fantasia knew this cat was married once she decided to throw on her cape and tried to save-a-nigga, offering to buy him cars and taking him on trips to Barbados after meeting him in a T-Mobile store. So yeah, being outed and discussed in the blogosphere and in tabloids are a bitch, but kill yourself? And I'm supposed to feel sorry for you?

Ok, so let's play the pity party game: What if Fantasia was shot by the wife of the guy with whom she had relations, would you feel sorry for her? Not saying that shooting her is the right thing to do, but it happens. Hell, Steve McNair got fucking murked by the side-piece he was having an affair with unknown to his wife last year. Does the fact of Fantasia being a woman as opposed to Steve McNair make a difference? Hell no it doesn't! Did I feel sorry for him? Hell no I didn't! Did any of you?

No you didn't, and you all were stomping your feet and cheering while screaming, "that's what you get for cheating on your wife, nigga!" But yet I'm supposed to feel some-type-of-way because Fantasia Barrino figured the best thing to do was to go to sleep permanently? I'm sorry, but being exposed on some hoe-shit hardly qualifies as reason to kill yourself. Not that there's ever a good reason to kill yourself; but to do so because you've reached hoe status outside of the hood you grew up in; and, because your I-almost-lost-my house-to-foreclosure-ass, could possibly be forced to dish out loot to a jilted wife, clearly, is fucked up.

Period, point blank, it's selfish.


If you wanna feel bad for anybody, feel bad for her family; shit, feel bad for her brotherTeenie and his I-need-a-job-ass! More importantly, feel bad for her daughter. Because truthfully she is the one who is gonna be most hurt by this - that's if she even knows her mother was on some hoe-shit tried to kill herself. Because let's be honest: suicide is no laughing matter, and people are often left wondering for the rest of their lives... why? Why even attempt a permanent solution to a temporary problem?

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone who knowingly sleeps with a person that is married. And believe me, there are people who purposely seek out such relationships. Am I saying that this is true of Fantasia? No! Shit, I don't even know the woman. However, I do know she recently lied about her involvement with dude, even though she has a tattoo of his name on her chest.

NOTE TO LADIES: Don't ever put a man's name on any part of your body if you're not married to him.

Listen, if you're willing to play the game, rich entertainer or not, you should be willing to deal with the consequences of your actions. And on some real shit, I hope she gets the proper care she needs now that she's out of the hospital, and is able to move on. I'm sure it's pretty hard to forgive yourself for trying to take your life because of some dumbshit you've done. It must be even harder being a woman and realizing that it was all because of some penis attached to a gold-digger who was only out for your loot.

Listen people, check yourselves before you get off into some hoe-shit. But then again, there's always the rare but occasional happy ending when stuff like this goes down. Hell, just ask Swizz Beats and Alicia Keys.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails