Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'd Vote for Donald Trump If...

OK, so I'm not a wedge issue kinda guy. You know, like when it comes to voting for someone for the very important position that is the president of the United States? Yeah, for me it takes more than one issue to earn my support. What can I say, I'm not like pretty much all Republicans and the Black people who cast their votes for president based on one single issue - Black people, keep it real: we only vote for Democrats because Lincoln freed the salves, right? So yeah, I'm so not that type of guy (Hopefully you're still laughing at the sentence before this last one). But, if I was, I would vote for Donald Trump.



I totally forgot Trump entertained the idea of running for president back in 1999. Looking back at how he felt about the following issue, coupled with the fact that he has a great relationship with "the Blacks" who are to blame for Obama being president. He would totally have my vote for president tomorrow. Yeah, forget the racist Birther stuff; I'd forgive him if he felt the same way about health-care like he had back in the day:
I really believe the Repub­li­cans are just too crazy, right?” he told Tim Russert onMeet the Press. “I mean, just what’s going on is just nuts.”

“We must have uni­ver­sal health­care. I’m a con­ser­v­a­tive on most issues but a lib­eral on this one. We should not hear so many sto­ries of fam­i­lies ruined by health­care expenses.”

The goal of health care reform, wrote Trump, should be a sys­tem that looks a lot like Canada. “Doc­tors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduc­tion in their paper­work,” he writes.

The Cana­dian plan also helps Cana­di­ans live longer and health­ier than Americans.

We need, as a nation, to reex­am­ine the single-payer plan, as many indi­vid­ual states are doing.

And on his crit­i­cism of George Bush and the Iraqi inva­sion, The Trump said, “He’d go into a coun­try, attack Iraq, which had noth­ing to do with the World Trade Cen­ter, and just do it because he wanted to do it.”
I mean seriously, based on what he said back then, Trump sounds like a lighter-skinned Barack Obama with fucked up hair, right? No joke, he sounded like one of those liberals he now despises as much as he does a 15mph headwind. Oh well, too bad he isn't concerned about those things today, and has it in for that Kenyan birth certificate. I guess something about a Black man being able to raise $1 billion to be elected president bothers him; but I could be wrong.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails