Friday, October 31, 2008

TRICK OR TREAT? BITCH IS YOU CRAZY??!!


Ok, so today is Halloween. It being a Friday, I'm sure its gonna make for some wild ass parties tonight. I'm 38yrs old and I've never attended a Halloween party, nor have I ever done the whole costume around the office thing. Not that I have religious reservations about the holiday, I just don't really get into the whole spending money thing. I've seen the prices of costumes and that shit ain't cheap. And lemme tell you, I'm not cheap either, but I'd be damned if I spend my money on some shit like that. I'm guessing some costumes are supposed to have the whole scary theme, and at the same time have that funny/comedic element. Having said that, I see nothing funny about the pic above. I love a good laugh like the next man, and yes, you can tell from my blogs that I spare no mement to make you people laugh. But, I don't know how comfortable I'd be at a party with a few dudes dressed as the KKK in costume. I also know that should I be at such an event, the last thing I, as a black man would be doing, is smiling happily for a camera, while in the company of a few Klansmen robe wearing dudes who are drinking beer.

Like I said, I know funny, but this shit ain't funny.

I know the KKK has endorsed Barack Obama, but this shit?

Question:How does this pic make you feel? Do you see the humor in this? Could you pose for a pic like this? Would you allow someone to wear a costume like the one pictured above to your party?

10 comments:

KELSO'S NUTS said...

RIPPA:

I rarely go to the old Kelso's Nuts site anymore. I do all of my work at

http://thedisbrimstone-dailypitchfork.blogspot.com/

I just checked the old site and saw you had written me back there with some very kind words. Thanks.

I'm with you on this. I'm 47. I really enjoyed Halloween when I was a kid and then after 12 or so I kind of lost interest in putting on costumes, athough I enjoyed going to the parties. That's not true now that I think aobut it. My ex wife and I once went to a party wearing Reagan and Nancy masks.

I'm with you on this picture. I'm against censorship and humor is in the eye of the beholder but I can't say I find it funny in the slightest. It makes me uncomfortable, really.

I have white skin and Mediterranean features but being Jewish I couldn't pose with people dressed as Klansmen or German Nazis. If I were at a party at which someone was dressed up that way I'd probably get pretty fuckin angry about it.

Anonymous said...

I am not big on Halloween dressing up either. I did think it was fun today to dress up as the 80's.

I am just tired of seeing the whore outfits on these teenagers though.

Well I wouldn't want to be around a bunch of white folks in the KKK costumes. I would party with them without the costumes. They know how to get drunk.. LOL

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

What bothers me the most is those costumes look professionally made and expensive. Makes me wonder if they're used other days of the year. The girl in the shot doesn't seem to think so. Poor thing.

msladyDeborah said...

I never celebrated Halloween as a child. Trick or Treat or Beggar's Night as my aunt use to call it was the most important holiday celebration besides Christmas and my birthday.I never wore a costume from a store. We put ourselves together from whatever was on hand at our homes. We went out when the sun went down and stayed out for hours. There were always hundreds of children and adults out in our neighborhood. Our biggest worry was someone snatching our bags~and that didn't happen too often. Now it is all about the $$$'s.


This is what I have to say about the photo.
I don't know who in the hell told that black woman that it would be funny to pose with folks dressed like the KKK, but that is not amusing to me at all.

The Socialite said...

The costumes are crazy! No one should wear that playing. And that Black women looks crazier for posing with them. I didnt know the KKK endorsed Barack. Dang I guess im not Keeping Up! lol

Brown Man said...

I thought I'd read the funniest line of the day at Black Snob...


...until I saw this shit! WHERE did you get this picture?

Trelly said...

Uhoh...I'm actually one of those dressup fanatics so guess I loose some cool points..lol. That picture is REDICULOUS. I can't believe she actually posed and SMILED. What's so funny about that? Nice blog by the way, stumbled through :)

Thee_Kween said...

I don't find the picture funny. We aren't so far removed from those days where we can yuk it up with a pic of this nature...and I have a GREAT sense of humor. I don't do Halloween. I've never in my adult life dressed up and don't plan on it. ME? You wouldn't find me cozied up to some dudes dressed as klansmen, simply b/c how do "I" know they wont use their "costume" to choke the shit out of me?

Unknown said...

Who the hell left the gate open? Why is she not looking scared for her life as the KKK is surrounded by her. Why is she smiling. Have they found this woman since this picture was taken to make sure she was alive? Is she mentally ill?

Iranian idiot said...

I loved the Picture!

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails