Sunday, November 15, 2009

Washing Machines Are For Clothes, Not Babies!



By Timothy Fitz

I remember those good ole days when I used to wash my clothes at the local Laundromat. Boy o‘boy! Those sure were good times! Even though I usually brought along a book or an Ipod to pass the hours, I could always count on a gaggle of unsupervised, mischievous rug-rats, to keep me entertained. The funny thing is… their parents never seemed to mind, or even notice, just how “entertaining” their little darlings were. Based on those past experiences, my spidey senses are telling me that this next story, is about one of those “entertaining” children.

In D’Iberville, Mississippi, a 7-month-old baby, brought the crowd to their feet at Terry‘s Coin Laundry, when he wound up in a running washing machine. The machine was filled with water, detergent, and a potentially drowning toddler. The mother and an unidentified woman, who did not speak English, were frantically pointing at the machine and screaming the word, “Baby!” With the help of Mike Adams, a nearby restaurant owner, and two other men, they were able to pry the machine’s door open. The little boy survived the ordeal, but he still has visible bruises on his forehead and body.

Mississippi cops are saying that the little boy was playing in a clothes basket, when he crawled into the washing machine, and his 4-year-old brother shut the door on him. You can't see me, but right now, I am shaking my head so damn hard, it hurts!

News Coverage:






READ MORE: TheBigBlackNewsBlog

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails