Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Immigration reform will have a positive impact on the economy

My sister-in-law is working on a paper centered around the immigration debate this semester in college. Aside from the fact that I pretty much know everything, being an immigrant myself, she decided to give me a call to ask for input. We had a nice chat, and yes I dropped some jewels otherwise known as pearls of wisdom on her on the subject.

Then I got to thinking: with all this talk about jobs and the economy, how come nobody has mentioned immigration reform? Of course I know that's a different contentious debate therein and of itself. But even so, couldn't immigration reform create a positive impact on the economy?

Of course I know the answer, but I decided to ask an expert:



Hmm, $1.5 Trillion in economic growth over 10yrs?

So you tell me: what could it hurt?

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails