Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden Didn't Blow Up The Projects


“Here is the true meaning and value of compassion and nonviolence, when it helps us to see the enemy's point of view, to hear his questions, to know his assessment of ourselves. For from his view we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom of the brothers who are called the opposition.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.


I hate to be the piss in your morning coffee, but Bin Laden wasn't the one who caused the housing bubble to burst; and the reason the economy is to' up from the flo' up. If you're making the news of Bin Laden's death out to be a victory for Obama and a loss for Bush, you're an idiot. Nobody wins in a war; that is, with the exception of cprporation on Wall Street. You know, the same people who raped what little wealth common folk held as they targeted minorites with their predatory lending scheme? So yeah, you fools can run around slapping high fives and chanting , "USA, USA," all you want. Innocent lives were lost, and for what? So that wealthy elites can use fear to rule our lives?


To me, that's all that matters. Because at the end of the day, my Black ass wasn't looking over my shoulder for some 6' 9" cave-dweller with a ZZ Top beard and a towel on his head frothing at the mouth ready to take me out. No, it was never him; instead it's the crowd of people celebrating his death reminiscent of those vintage town square lynching photos. Those are the Americans who scare me. Because the truth is, while I'm struggling to survive and navigate this cold harsh world of ours. Instead of trying to kill me, they'd rather have fun keeping me and anybody who looks like me in perpetual servitude: or, trapped in a life of accepted economic inequality as I chase the carrot that is the American Dream, while they take what little wealth we have?

SIDENOTE: If George Bush caught Bin Laden in his 2nd term there'd be no president Obama. Just something to think about while making this a partisan discussion. And, it kinda sucks that they killed Bin Laden. I would've loved to hear him tell how he pulled off the Building 7 thingy after trial. But I guess we can still count on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to tell us just how they pulled off that magic trick.

Yes, it isn't Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, or any foreign entity that I'm afraid of. It's the ones who call themselves American, to whom God has entrusted the right to fuck me, and anyone else in the world who looks like me over, I see as a threat. If I were you I'd be worried about them too. Because it ain't about a difference in skin color. It's about generation after generation of them being born into wealth, while we live and die poor doing their dirty work for crumbs. I didn't mean to depress you, and hopefully you're not. This is just something to think about while Bin Laden lies at the bottom of the sea like "Megatron".

Hopefully you can sleep better at night now that Osama sleeps with the fishes...

I know for me, it makes no damn difference.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails