Friday, May 20, 2011

Slave Catcher of the Week: Spike Lee? Really, Clifton Powell?? No, not you, Spike!!!

I didn't really get all into the supposed beef between Spike Lee and Tyler Perry. Of course you can look at the banner on this site and you can figure it out pretty quickly, that I'm down with Spike; yes Tyler Perry, say something and imma start a boycott like we did Sal's Famous Pizzaria, son! But anyway, my man "Pinky" appeared on the Russ Parr Morning Show recently, and when asked to share his thoughts on the beef, he went smooth the eff off, son. I mean he put some stuff out there on my man Spike that makes me know if it's true.

Check it out:


"To be honest, I don't like Spike Lee. Spike is worse than any one of the mans [sp]. Because back in the day...and I hope Spike is listening cause I'll beat your punk ass. I don't like Spike. I have never said it publicly out, but Spike is a hater...I shouldn't have said it like this, but I'm going to tell you the truth. I'm from the streets and you got to take care of your people...Spike needs to go sit his punk ass down and stop talking about Tyler Perry. Tyler Perry was homeless about 10, 12 years ago and Spike wasn't writing him no checks. I don't like Spike Lee because I don't like his politics as it pertains to how he deals with African-Americans. I auditioned for Spike several times, he kept all of us waiting for hours. It was insulting, he made people fly across country, pay for themselves and come to auditions. Spike is the worst and he needs to go sit his punk ass down!" 

-- Actor Clifton Powell voices his opinion on the ongoing feud between Tyler Perry and Spike Lee. (The Russ Parr Morning Show)

I'ono what Spike has to say about this. But I'ma need a response from Spike. This Negro had brothas and sistas runnin' around in 1989 wearing African medallions, Malcolm X baseball caps screaming "fight the power!!" Yes I'm not really a fan of Tyler Perry's work; and no, this doesn't mean I refuse to watch his productions. But somehow someway, I never pictured Spike Lee as the slave catcher type. Tyler Perry? Well... Gimme a call, Spike; yep, do it for Radio Raheem, son. Uh-huh, clear the air on this one, my brother.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails