Friday, April 3, 2009

Black Women Are Not Supposed To Be Affectionate

When the pendulum swings one way, the laws of physics says that it will always equally swing in an opposite direction. Unfortunately, this week, this was not true for Michelle Obama. I’m sure this phenomenon of life and science has been seen the world over this week as it always has. However, for the First Lady of The United States of America, even the media science is bigoted.

Ok, so what you talking about RiPPa?

Well, first off, Michelle Obama touched the Queen of England, and the whole world is going to come to an end. I mean it has to be coming to an end the way the media covered this story of the faux pas of Mrs. Obama. I mean you’d swear that the sister felt up the Queen or something. Which might not be a bad idea because I doubt that old White woman is seeing any action at all over there, but I digress.

So like, what’s the big deal? Oh I forgot, the Queen of England doesn’t touch anybody. Matter of fact, I don’t even think she wipes her own ass! Wow, how’s that for a recession proof job. But yeah, the Queen touches no one which is good to know next time I take a trip across the pond.

Personally, in my infinite paranoia about racism and shit, I can’t help but to think that Michelle Obama’s color did play a hand in the negative backlash. I mean hell, everybody knows Black woman carry the cooties, right? Yeah, Michelle should have known better than to touch the Queen.

Gimme a damn break White media.

The funny thing about all of this is that the pendulum swung in a totally opposite direction one day later. Uh huh, but yet there was very little coverage of her positive message she sent to the students at the all girls school where she spoke. Nope, nothing was said much at all about her positive gesture giving hugs to all of those girls.

Check it out:



However, what did we learn? If you touch the Queen you get bad press, but when you give hugs to a group of now inspired girls, nobody cares. Well, that’s only true if you’re not a woman of color. I mean you just can’t go around being affectionate to old White ladies like that Michelle, damn.

Hell, Black women from America are not supposed to inspire anyone. They’re supposed to be angry, and filled with hate for their country with an occasional terrorist fist bump thrown in every now and then. Now that I think of it that was the problem. Michelle Obama should have given the Queen some “dap” as us folks of color call it. Yeah, giving her some “dap” would have been more true to form. Yup, all Black women are from the hood and work their way through college stripping, doing hair, and digging gold from Kanye West, and Michelle Obama is no exception.

She’s trash, remember?


RECOMMENDED READING:First Lady Hype Can Be Offensive

9 comments:

blackberry said...

Graceful, warm and accomplished. We are the most fortunate nation in the word, to have the Obamas in charge.
They epitomize dignity, compassion and courage.
Good weekend.

Euterpe Muse said...

I think America's First Lady is an inspiration to us all to be the best we can be. She leads by a shining example. Service is God's work to humankind. Yes, we are keepers of our fellow beings and uplifting our youth is one of the greatest and lasting things we can do to innovate change. I truly enjoy reading your blog. Your topics are thought provoking.

Ann Brock said...

Again thanks Rippa for a well thought out piece.I’m PROUD of our First Lady I think the Queen recognized equal greatness in her.. That’s why the queen touched The First Lady 1st.... Mrs. Obama has been honored in a way no other has. That speaks volumes...like we say in our neighborhood game recognize game.

Madam Z said...

I don't think anyone would have thought twice about Mrs. Obama "touching" the goddamned Queen, if it weren't for the press making such a stink about it. Elizabeth is just another human being. She is not a deity. Michelle is a warm, friendly woman who acted spontaneously, in a warm friendly manner. End of story.

I would certainly hate being in a position where every word I speak and every action I take is endlessly scrutinized and criticized. I offer my sympathy and admiration to Mrs. Obama.

RiPPa said...

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I really appreciate it. As women I'm sure that all this negative coverage can be disparaging. I just included a link to an article written by a good friend of mine that I'd like you to checkout. If you don't mind, feel free to leave a comment there as you have here.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yeah you trippin'... folks been bowin' down to queens forever, I think it's just like a courtesy to royalty. I don't think white/black had nothin' to do with it.

But of course us American's don't play that, that's why we sent King George sailing.

I appreciate the Education video, yeah Mrs. Obama alright... straight on ya RiPPa! :-)

Lola Gets said...

Way back when the Queen visited DC, she went to a Black church in SE, and an older Black woman just walked on up and hugged the SH!T out of the Queen! Man, it was hilarious! Only Black folks, lol.

L

RiPPa said...

Way back when the Queen visited DC, she went to a Black church in SE, and an older Black woman just walked on up and hugged the SH!T out of the Queen! Man, it was hilarious! Only Black folks, lol.

Bwahahahahaha

I bet that embarrassed a few folks that day. She probably has never been felt up like that before.

RiPPa said...

I would certainly hate being in a position where every word I speak and every action I take is endlessly scrutinized and criticized.

I know that's real!

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails