|The Playa Hater's Ball|
Before I get into the award portion of this presentation. I'd like to say that RiPPa truly appreciates the interaction and feedback that he has received from you dear readers. He especially wants to thank you for your support because he understands as his wife always says, that it's not easy putting up with his ass. Oh, my bad, that was his first wife. Oh well, at any rate, I know that for some of you I may be a hard pill to swallow me being a hater and all. However, I want it to be known that what you read on this blog is indeed an extension of RiPPa, and who he is. Trust me, this is not an act, and yes, RiPPa is truly passionate about blogging. He sees blogging as the next "movement" of sorts. It is truly an avenue where people can get together and exchange ideas and advance necessary causes. It is through the advent of the internet, social networking outlets and blogging has the world truly shrunken to bring people together. Me personally, I don't give a fuck about this blog shit, but this nigga paid me so I'm here with you geeks.
This is why RiPPa's blog is titled The Intersection of Madness and Reality. He has always wanted this page or his slice of internet heaven - or hell depending on how you look at at - to be somewhat like water cooler in the office. Or more so like the bus stop on the corner where one can catchup on the latest happenings throughout the community. I guess he's just a people person like that, and hence the many links you see to the left of some of the best blogs in his opinion out here . Shit, if it was me, I'd link this mugg to nothin but porn sites that I run and get paid off you fools. So with that said, it is with much humility and honor that I accept the following awards since RiPPa's fat ass couldn't be here. And it is also with much love and pride this nigga RiPPa passes on the following awards to their recipients.
RiPPa was presented the Noblesse Obliged Award by Mister Jaycee of the blog A Choice of Weapons, to whom he is most grateful. This is a brother who has been a reader of RiPPa's madness for almost a year. A brother who with his blog has enlightened the masses from day one. RiPPa has also have had the pleasure of being a recipient of The Splash Award from MacDaddy of the blog daddyBstrong. His is a blog, as well as Mister Jaycee's, that if it isn't in your current blogroll or daily reading, you're definitely missing out. I would encourage you to check these brothers out, see what you think; I mean, you be your own judge, but realize that RiPPa will never lie to you especially when he paid me to say that shit.
It is with much pleasure and pride, that RiPPa passes these awards to the following:
1) Carry me Home - This brother Cary, is somewhat of a newcomer on the scene. However, from the 1st post I've read of his within the last two months. He has never disappointed me. He is funny and insightful with his commentary on life in general, and I urge you to give him a look. I assure you, he will impress you and I believe he's bound to leave his mark on this here the blogosphere.
2) Happy Nappy Head - I've been reading this blog for a long ass time, and I have been always impressed by this woman's ability to stay true to her convictions and principles which shows in her posts. She's not one to just talk the talk, she is an active community organizer on and offline. Seattle Slim is her name and she is one of my blog heroes, and has been for quite some time.
3) Siditty: Angry & Black Since 1976 - Don't let the title fool you. Siditty is not to be confused with the stereotypical angry Black woman. I appreciate the fact that even being a Black woman married and commited to a loving interracial relationship, she has not lost sight of just what it means to be Black in America. She continuously engages her readers with social issues of the day, as well as an insight into just what makes her tick daily. It's hard out here for the sisters and she makes no apologies for her delivery and opinions, and that's what I love about her.
4) Fungke Blak Chik - In another life, if I had less of a beer belly, I would probably propose to this woman. Yes, she has her head on straight and she is funny as hell. Her blog is a riot to read everyday, and her topics range from girly girly to fight the power. Hers is an ongoing struggle with relationships, men, crabby bitches at the office in her corporate world. Trust me, you deifinitely want to add her to your blogroll. Besides that, she knows damn near everybody.
5) The Old Black Church! (What Happened to the Old Black Church?) - Mrs. Brock is one woman that I love when it comes to this blog thing. I love the fact that even with her religious convictions, she's not afraid to challenge what is perceived as socially acceptable in politics, social issues, life and otherwise without being "preachy" as the tilte of her blog may fool you into believing. Personally, I'm not a very spiritual or religious person, but even so, her blog is one that I enjoy reading each day. Her approach to issues is what keeps me reading. Don't let the title fool ya.
6) Keeping up with the Huxtables - The Socialite is a sister who has been doing her thing for over a year now. Inspired by the loss of her mother to start this blog as therapy, has earne3d her the title of being the Best New Blog 2008 by the Weblog Awards. From the first time I ran into her over at The Urban Blogger, I knew she was something special. She covers pretty much everything within the Black culture, and yet she's light on the gossip. She deals with everyday issues facing our community, and she forces readers to think of solutions. You cannot leave this blog after reading and not felt that just for a few minutes you were a part of something special.
7) Black Folks Don't Swim! - When I grow up, this is the blog I want to be. My man Folk (yes thats his name) is one of the funniest cats I've ever met in this blogosphere. He has his own unique delivery and style which (in my opinion) isn't rivaled by many. He manages to somehow keep it ghetto but intellectually stimulating all at the same time. And trust me, as a person who knows a lil bit about comedy, that shit is hard to do. You guys shouild be reading this blog every chance you get. This brother will have you laughing and co-signing what he says even if you don't fully agree. The way he approaches topics alone is worth the read.
8) Raw Dawg Buffalo - Torrence is probably the fuckin smartest dudes to break shit down with his own slanguage that I've ever met. He's an enigma in my book when it comes to this. One day he can keep it all intellectual being the Dr. that he is, and the next he can be representin' his beloved hometown Memphis TN. with his style of delivery. I love the fcat that he remains critical of everything political. He's not one to sip the Kool Aid without asking the flavor before its handed to him. Plainly spoeaking, this brother has his eyes open always, and he's not afraid to speak the truth even when it may not be popular.
9) [un]Common Sense - Eddie Blue Eyes is my Puerto-Rican cousin. Ok, not really my cousin, but dammit I'm claiming him. By far, he is one of the most accomplished and engaged brothers I know who is active in affecting change daily. He's an activist in the NYC area, and he's well accomplished. I've known him for about 3yrs now and he's always been the same. He's always been consistent with his views, and passionate about what he loves; which is fighting for the underdog. Forever the intellect he is, he may surprise you as being the funny muthafucka that he is. It is a must that you folks keep up with his blog. Seriously, if you care about what's going on politically or otherwise, this is the guy to read.
These blogs all do exemplify what blogging is all about. They all in their unique way are engaged in the ongoing "movement" that is the blogosphere. They all inform, entertain, engage, and exhibit Socratic questioning within much of their posts. These are all blogs, that though they may not see me comment, I frequent and appreciate what they bring to the table everyday. I urge you to visit them, and support them as part of your ongoing online blog experience.
Oh yeah, I forgot to do something...
The details f these awards:
THE NOBLESSE OBLIGE AWARD
Criteria for receiving this award:
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
THE SPLASH AWARD
For accepting The Splash award, the rules are:
* Put the logo on your blog post.
* Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
* Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
* Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
* Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award
Now, I wanna think y'all for coming out, goodnight, God bless, and excuse me while I go home and soak my feet in Bucknasty's momma's dish while watching my bootleg cable and drink liqour. By the way, watch for me in the coming months as I might get into this blog thing myself. And to all you haters out there of me, RiPPa, or this site, lemme say...
Yo momma looks like a pregnant Morgan Freeman mixed with Danny Glover and a splash of Lou Gosset Jr.