Friday, June 4, 2010

Pure F*ckery: Arizona Residents Think Elementary School Mural is "Too Black", & City Councilman Hates Diversity

I say the mural isn't black enough...

If you think you've stepped into a twilight zone, I would urge to read on:
In Prescott, Ariz., a new mural at Miller Valley Elementary School has caused an uproar. The mural shows a group of children of several races using "green" transportation methods. It appears to have struck a nerve among some Prescott residents.

The controversy started when comments made by Prescott City Councilman Steve Blair aired on his KYCA radio talk regarding the mural. On May 21, Blair said, "I am not a racist individual, but I will tell you depicting a black guy in the middle of that mural, based upon who's president of the United States today and based upon the history of this community when I grew up, we had four black families — who I have been very good friends with for years — to depict the biggest picture on that building as a black person, I would have to ask the question, 'Why?'"

Blair also admits that "whenever people start talking about diversity, it's a word [I] can't stand."
Oh, Arizona... It's like your stuck in your own version of the Middle Ages.  The only problem is, this is 2010.  With access to the internet, rapid globalization and easy access to so many different cultures and races of people, there's no excuse.  I mean, it's like your intentionally saying, "Yeah, we're a bunch of idiots.  But we don't care!  We want to have our own thing anyway!" 

Might I suggest you call it Stupidia

Many would argue that's what the damned problem is. Arizona does NOT have enough diversity, and that's why this is an issue. And let me tell you, that being overrun by Central Americans, mostly Mexican, does not a diverse state make. If the population in Prescott for black folks is less than half a percent, then the mural with the black child would be a perfect opportunity to EDUCATE.


But then again, the word educate when juxtaposed next to Aryana Arizona doesn't make much sense.  It's like saying the words smart and Sarah Palin in the same sentence. What does that even mean? Add to the fact there is at least ONE black person in the town, why shouldn't they be adequately represented? Arizona is scared of the "colored" folk and I'm not sure why.

As for the simpleton who is upset by diversity? Get over it. This world--and I'm sorry you were told this, as it's wrong--is not about white folks. Others live here too and in many places you are NOT the majority. If you don't like diversity, and have the nerve to breathe the good air offered to you on planet Earth, then please go play in rush hour traffic. These little temper tantrums thrown by bigots because they are now forced to get their heads out of their asses more often than not grow tiresome. This is not your "America"; it belongs to all of us.

I am not surprised, though. The last few times I've been to the wasteland that is Arizona, I was met with fuckery. I might take a little trip to fuck with the locals though. It's like hunting for assholes. I wonder how many moron heads I could collect...

Fear of a
black
diverse planet, indeed...

Source

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails