Thursday, November 6, 2008

BLACK PRESIDENT? WE ON THE MOON NOW BITCHES!!


The last 48hrs has been quite an experience to say the least. Honestly, I wanted to write and share my feelings about this historic event in our country and how it has affected me before now. But like most of you, I was so elated at the realization of having a Black man lead this nation, that I couldn't even think straight. Not that him being Black makes him any more qualified than any of the other presidents in history. But by virtue of him being an American and being of color makes it special. Lets be honest, something like this only happens every 232 years in this country.

This as some may say is the dawn of a new day here in America. Some folks are saying that this is the change we need. I don't know, but this change thing is kinda scary. The last 24hrs or so, some really weird things have been happening to me. I'm telling you, some really weird things. It started with a phone call this morning. I woke up, just like any other day, but with just a little bit more hope than usual. What can I say, the next president is gonna be a Black man.

My phone rang, and it was a friend of mine I hadn't heard from in years. He was an old college friend of mine, who took a wrong turn somewhere and landed in prison on a drug charge. I was shocked to hear from him because last I heard, he still had 10yrs on his sentence to serve. He told me they let him out early as they did a bunch of Black men who have been in prison. Imagine that, Negroes being released from prison early. We spoke, shared some laughs, promised to stay in touch, and kept it moving. I then logged online to check my bank account, and I noticed a large deposit was made into my account.

Now, I'm fuckin broke and I have no idea where the money came from. I called the bank about it, and did some investigation. Turns out, the money was from the gov't. They said something about being overcharged on taxes or some shit like that. Anyway, they sent me some money. Money I didn't have before I woke up. I was scared to touch it because you know how they fuck up from time to time. I'd be damned if I spend some money that's not mine and have to pay it back. Feel me? Plus, I've been a victim of identity theft before so I was leary. Hell, for all I know, there might have been another person using my shit and it fuckin paid off!

That's when I decided to checkout my credit report as I do from time to time. It was then that I noticed that my credit score went up 200 points. That's when I was really trippin cuz my shit had been jacked up for a long ass time. Hell, if it wasn't for bad credit, I'd have no credit at all. But not anymore. My shit is platinum now son!! Hell, I could go out and do all sort of different stuff that I wanted to do before now but couldn't afford. But, the economy is jacked up so I'll just lay my ass down and be conservative. It was my irresponsibility that got me in the mess I was anyway. After all, its good to know that I might actually be able to get loans to send my kids to college.

I'm telling y'all, this change thing is a trip. We get a Black president and all these good things are happening to me. And I'm sure its happening to other black people across the country as well. I'd hate to think that the only reason its happening is because him and I share the same skin color. But if that's the reason, I ain't mad at all. My life has been good in spite of some rough spots. But what else is new when you're Black? I dunno about you, but I'm gonna embrace this change thing. I have to because I will no longer have an excuse. I'm gonna welcome not being looked at like a criminal when I'm in stores shopping. I'm gonna welcome being treated like any upstanding citizen should I be pulled over by the cops. I'm gonna welcome the rebirth of this country. A rebirth where all the sins of being Black has been washed away by our lord and savior Barack Obama.

I'm gonna welcome this post racial society I've been hearing the media talk so much about. I will because it wasn't that long ago people were hanging nooses in an attempt to intimidate Black people. With a Black president, I'm looking forward to newly converted racists showing up at the doorsteps of Black people just to give them bouquets of flowers, and bags of groceries. I'm telling y'all, all of a sudden money is gonna start turning up mysteriously. And when it does, just realize its coming from white people who now have a change of heart. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised when you see commercials on TV soliciting you to send money to support poor white kids who live in poverty.

I'm telling y'all, the last 48hrs have been a trip, and its scary. I'm afraid that I'll have to reprogram my mind to be able to accept all of this. Before the elections, the question has always been: is America ready for a Black president? I don't think anybody ever thought that Black people like me would ever be ready. Or ever gave it thought as to the new found responsibility it would be for me being Black and having a Black president. I swear to y'all, this is uncharted territory for me and my people, so we'll need some help. I'm thinking I need to take some classes on entitlement from a white person. This way I'd know how to act, and I'd know how to embrace such a historic change here in America. After all, who else better would be able to teach me.

Are you ready for change?

I don't know if Black people are ready...

but I know I could get used to it.

My old boss whenever he was asked how things were would answer...

THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!

Well, with Barack Obama as president, I'd say we're on the moon....

Hopefully this won't be the last time we're there.

WE ON THE MOON NOW BITCHES!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remove the picture, please. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Well damn...maybe I need to check my shit. You're not the first person to mention uncanny shit happening to them.

I do know that the white people around are sick. The ones that work in the stores or gas stations that usually speak...they dont speak anymore. The newspaper here mentioned NOTHING about Obama...not even in the back. The front page was about this local cat who ran from the police and got caught.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

LMBAO

watch out for them red states jones

RiPPa said...

Blackberry: No problem. You're welcome.

Mr Chap: Bro you need to move away from the backwoods. There are butt nekkid pygmies who are reading about Barack Obama in the news papers in South America. But yet nothing in your local paper? Lemme guess, there are only 5 Black people in the town where you live.

@Torrance: Now you already know how it is here in Tennessee folk.

The Socialite said...

lmao at the post! And what the hell Chap there is nothing in the newspapers where you live? Ditto at there has to be only 5 Black people in town where you live. Well New York wont stop talking about it. lol Ill send you a copy of one of our papers, I feel bad for your town.

ShesTooMuch4Em said...

I'm gonna have to say I'm glad you changed the picture too. It was distrubing but hey after reading most fo your blogs it didn't shock me in the least! lol.

Nothing special has happened to me except I just feel great! I don't have a care in the world really. I think its awesome and I don't care who's mad about the victory. They can suck it up and get over it.

RiPPa said...

Shestoomuch4em: Something told me that people would have a problem with the first pic I put up. Personally, I just see it as comedy. Thats what I'm afraid of with Obama's election. I'm afraid the people who have drunk the Kool Aid (especially black people) will hold him up on a pedastal so high to where they fail to hold him accountable as we should all elected officials.

And I'm with you, I'm as happy as a Black man who just got a stay of execution about his victory. And I expect there to be haters as always. Black people have been public enemy number one for far too long for that to change.

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

I'm still defying gravity, no joke!

ShesTooMuch4Em said...

I saw the comedy in the picture you had there previous but my initial reaction was "Yikes!" lol

I think the only people who wouldn't hold him accountable would be the black people who only votes for him because of his skin color. The ones who didn't follow the election and just wanted to "get a black man in office!" Dare I say. . . IGNANT BLACK FOLKS. Those will be the ones who will think he can do no wrong. The reality is he is but a man. An awesome nonetheless, but merely a man. I do hope the masses realize that. He's not a GOD, he's just a man.

Anonymous said...

Perfect.

RiPPa said...

Kit: I was watching the History Channel earlier today, and they brought on a documentary which cronicled the history of the KKK. Ok, how about after it started I giggled my ass off uncontrollably?

How about all I could think of was Obama dunkin on White Supremacy and hanging on the rim with his nuts in their face?!!

Damn this has been a helluva week.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails