Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alvin Greene's Job Creation Solution Actually Sounds Like A Good Idea

Last night I read and article that shed some light into the background that is the enigmatic Alvin Greene [read here]. In the article it mentioned that Greene was remembered by fellow high school classmates and teachers as painfully shy. I suppose this would explain his Rain Main perception when confronted by the bright lights that is the media as they poke and prod into his life. A perception that has left some wondering about his mental stability.

I must say that after reading that article which described how the pain of losing his mother at an early age deeply affected his life, that I felt sorry for him. But today is a new day, and in a recent interview with The Guardian of UK, I guess it could be said that we now know a bit more about Alvin Greene by way of what he sees as government policy solution to some of our problems in this economic climate. More specifically, his jobs policy.

Here's his "big idea" on job creation in South Carolina:
"Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls. Me in an army uniform, air force uniform, and me in my suit. They can make toys of me and my vehicle, especially for the holidays and Christmas for the kids. That's something that would create jobs. So you see I think out of the box like that. It's not something a typical person would bring up. That's something that could happen, that makes sense. It's not a joke."
I could be wrong, but me thinks somebody hasn't gotten over the fact of not getting that G.I. Joe with the King Fu grip for Christmas back in the day. But hey, this is Alvin Greene and not Barack Obama we're talking about here; we should not be surprised. Speaking of which, when asked about whether president Obama had been an inspiration for his candidacy given their shared skin color, he had this to say:
"Yes, I mean there's something that, you know, I knew so I just knew that. It was in my mind, I knew that, that, that, that the voters really, they really, that they really, erm, followed the candidate. That they really wanted substance in a candidate..."
To quote the Norwegian group Royksopp, best known here in America for their famous Geico caveman commercial jingle "Remind Me": "Brave men tell the truth, a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles." So while we laugh at Greene's suggestion of creating Alvin Greene action figures. We should realize that it's actually not a bad idea. Many jobs would be created if we got back to manufacturing our own products, as opposed to importing them all from China.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails