Sunday, July 4, 2010

No Independence Till We Get Freedom!: Picture us coolin' out on the 4th of July

OK look, I'm fat, I'm black, and I live in Memphis; I can eat BBQ swine any day of the friggin year if I choose. But not this year; nope, not today. Let's just say that a brotha got a few things on his mind on this traditional day of celebrating all things American.

Yeah, I could go down the list but you probably don't need to be depressed today; nor should I make you feel guilty for washing back that big-ass homemade burger with red Kool Aid. So I'mma let this following mashup video from my man Davey D do the talking.

Yep, a brotha ain't really down with celebrating right now while the jury is out on the Oscar Grant trial out in California. I mean, why add the extra pounds to what I already have when I just might have to strap up and put on my famous racism chasing running shoes soon, right?

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." - Malcolm X

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails