Monday, March 1, 2010

Memphis mom shows up drunk at her daughter's school swinging a sword

So I've been living in the city of Memphis for the last 4yrs. And just when I decide to start "claiming" the city as my home within the last year or so, some of the craziest shit makes the news down here, forcing me to hang my head in shame. You can go through my archives and find some of the Madness I've blogged about involving parents and children in my new beloved hometown (like this & this).

In my archives you'll find a story I wrote several months ago about the pot-bellied ninja serial rapist that terrorized not only the city but western Tennessee. He has since been caught and arrested, but lo and behold, we have a new ninja on the scene in the form of a black woman last week here in the Bluff City:
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - A spitting match between two students at Riverview Elementary School Monday apparently led to a bizarre encounter in the office Tuesday morning.

"She had spit on me so I spit on her back," said second grader Aaliyyah Price.

Price and her grandmother spoke with us from the family's home.  They said 32-year-old Toni Price went to the school to confront the parents of the girl who spit on her daughter.

"She said she went up there to talk to the girl's parents," said Bennie Price.  "But the girl's parents wasn't there."

According to court records, Toni Price ended up inside the school where an employee reported a drunk woman was armed with a sword running through the halls of the school.  She told police Price was threatening to cut her.

Officers who arrived on the scene retrieved a black walking cane in which a long sharp blade is concealed.

"When I got up there I took the cane," said Price's mother, Bennie.  "I had it, police drew guns on me, and I didn't know what was going on."

Price's mother believes she probably had the weapon to ward off pit bulls in the neighborhood and had no idea where she may have gotten such a weapon.

"I don't know," she said.

She said she does know her daughter would have never actually hurt anyone inside the school.

Price told police she drank a 40 ounce bottle of Colt 45 before going to the school.  She's charged with aggravated assault and for having a weapon on school property.  Her bond is set at $4500. (Source)
"Call the police! There's a drunk Ninja with a sword running through the school hallway!" Can you just imagine that scene unfolding in front of your eyes? Yep, nothing like a 40oz of Colt 45 to put you in the proper frame of mind for a parent teacher conference. Not that this woman's action is reflective of the behavior of her child. But somehow I can't help but to think that 'lil mamma just may grow up to slice and dice a person or two; and now I have to wonder whether she drank a 40oz before spitting on that other kid.

Mrs. RiPPa's best friend is a teacher who once taught here in the Memphis City Schools district. And I've heard some crazy stories of parents showing up to school from being barely clothed to being belligerent assholes to teachers for reprimanding their bad ass children. But this one takes the cake thus far. Last semester as I was sitting in the parking lot of the high school my 16yr old attends. I was witness to two grown-ass women fighting each other, over an initial fight their daughters had. It was then that I realized that it was no wonder that some of these kids act the way they do in our schools.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails