Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yes, Joe Biden: 'This is a big fucking deal.'

It's not over as the Senate still has to vote on the reconciliation fixes to the health care bill. However, the greatly historic, and symbolic gesture, of president Barack Obama signing the bill today is a source of pride for me. Oh hell who am I kidding; him signing this bill makes me wanna get up and dance like I was in the Snoop Dogg's What's My Name video. Yes, I'm that happy, and I wish I had a drink or a freshly rolled blunt of some of that high quality medical marijuana right about now to celebrate; yep, its gottta be the medical marijuana and none of that illegal shit; you know how us black people do, right?

But nah, I can't be mad at Vice President Joe Biden for his latest gaffe as he fell victim to the now infamous hot mic today. I can't because ladies and gentlemen, this is a pretty big fucking deal, and has many positive implications politically and otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pretending that this bill is perfect; yes, stocks of drug makers have increased in the last day. But politics are all about compromise and that said, I see this as a significant start to something meaningful. Let's be honest, it's far better than Republicans have ever done, or a sharp stick in the eye.

That said, I appreciate the brutal honesty of our Vice President on the passing and signing of this bill. I mean what he said was nothing like when Dick Cheney told Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy to go "fuck yourself," on the floor of the senate. Criticize Biden all you want for what he said and where he said it. But realize, that he is absolutely correct! This is, a pretty big fuckin deal as it is history in the making. For me, even more so, because of the fact that it took a brother to make that happen. Especially in the face of the toughest opposition from the good folks at Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. aka the GOP. Overall, this is a victory for the people of this country contrary to what some may say. So yes, again, this is a big fucking deal.

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails