Saturday, March 28, 2009

If Only We Could Be Spearchuckers Again

Way back in the day, well before we were known as Niggers, Negroes, and subsequently African Americans, we were known as Spearchuckers. It was meant as a derogatory term as did most other terms used to describe Blacks of African descent in America. But you know what? I do not think Spearchucker is a bad term. Actually, I wish we were Spearchuckers today, or rightfully called that in a literal sorta way.

Ok, bear with me as I explain. You see, way back when, when Africans lived on that other planet called Africa, we carried spears as a weapon, right? I was not there, but I suspect, that back in the day in Africa, a Black man without a spear was as worthless as a Black man without a job and unable to pay his child support today. Yup, possessing a spear was important, without it, there was no food, or means of defending the homies in your crew from some other crew that claimed to either be a Crips or Bloods, or whatever. Plus, I seriously doubt the chicks took a Black man without a spear seriously. I mean, why would she if he cannot even bring home a rhino or elephant periodically, right?

Some where along the line, some White guy decided to show up in his space ship on planet Africa. Being from another world, and not knowing what he would run into, he carried with him what was known as a gun. And you know what happened? The White guy being forever the forward thinker, decided to trade his guns for a few Africans (who were sitting in the county jail) to give them their freedom to come help said White guys tend to his flower garden. Was not that so nice of the White guy who landed on planet Africa? Of course the ever so curious African do-gooders accepted the guns as bail money. Yup, and the rest is history as they say.

This is why I always say that the gun, is worst invention known to man. Yup, Africans got guns in exchange for other Africans. Then, they put down their spears, (which made it even easier to be kidnapped) and now White people are using spears in a Olympic sport called the Javelin. Ain't that a bitch? And now here we are centuries later, Black people here in America are killing one another in record numbers every year by using a guns.

If we Black people of African descent here in America had spears, there would more than likely be less murders or Black on Black crime. I mean lets face it, the Bloods & Crips in Africa never really ran around doing throw bye's, and killing innocent bystanders like they used to do out in L.A. back in the 90's did they? Seewhumsayin? I mean, just keeping it real, a spear is kinda hard to hide and tuck into the small of your back under a jacket.

Seriously, I think it would be quite uncomfortable to carry a concealed spear. Yeah, you just cannot expect to sneak a spear up in the club, and shit just like that. Are you crazy? And what would that mean for the Black community? Less Black on Black crime, or in particular murders. Not just that, but less cops harassing Blacks like they do looking for guns. Yup, no more racial profiling and all of that racial shit, and we would all be able to live in peace and harmony. Yes, life in America would be different for us folks of African descent if they had just left their guns at home. Now all we have to do is figure out how all these guns get onto our streets everyday.

Can you take a guess how they do?

6 comments:

Moose said...

Nice post, very thought-provoking. You've found a new reader in me, who just stumbled upon your awesome blog. Cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking as always... I look forward to what you have to say Rippa!!!!

achoiceofweapons said...

WHAT?
(laughter)
Did you read the list of slepted on DIVAS?
Jaycee

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

well i dont think guns kill folks, people. id say the worse invention is the television. for only in america do we see the carange you speak off, not even on other countries with more guns

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Very creative post, Rippa. Behind it all is a serious message that we've lost our way and are killing each other with weapons created by many of our enemies. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Unknown said...

It's funny that I just stumbled onto your site looking for something else.

This was an excellent post. Being a Black Man, myself, I too cringe when I see something as crazy as this. This is the same feeling I got when the LA Riots broke out, why the heck would people burn and tear down their own community, the turn around and complain that there are no dollars in the "hood".

I was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles, so I saw (and still see) the self destruction first hand. I was fortunate to have parents that stayed in my ass and pushed me through school and college. Being out in the world and seeing what WE can attain just by putting forth the effort, perplexes me when I see a grown man blame his downfall on "The Man".

Granted WE have to work that much harder to get to "Their" level, imagine what our ANCESTORS had to endure just to get us to this point.........LOL I can go on and on but I'm going off on a tangent.....Good Post, and look forward to reading more.!!!

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails