Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things That Make Me Cry

I'm sad right now. Yes I am. From time to time I get sad, and yes I cry. What, you thought I am just this happy go lucky kinda guy? Hell, I care when people don't like me, or talk about me behind my back. I care when a kind gesture I go out of my way to extend is met with contempt. It makes me sad so I cry. I laugh a lot, but I also cry a lot. Matter of fact, sometimes I curl up into a ball and cry myself to sleep in my dark walk-in closet.

Oftentimes, its my own people who make me cry. Sure, I get enraged at some of the stuff they do, but sometimes, the pain is too much to bear so I cry. Today, I cry for Michael Steele. Yes, republican RNC Chairman Michael Steele. You see, last time I wrote about him, I was kinda pissed off. I didn't even wanna write about this guy again; not so soon anyway, but I can't help it; I'm sad

Yeah, he played the whole boot-licking Negro role in his apology to Rush Limbaugh. And just like I said back then, he makes Black people look bad because he's not doing his job. And low and behold after that episode, I find this picture of him here on the Internet....

*sniff, sniff*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm pretty sure even Jesus wept about this

Lord Jesus, first the Fat Boys break up and now this! Just when all images of coonery have been erased since the cancellation of Flavor of Love, I find this shit. The happy Minstrel thing is sooo not a good look. Then to top it all off, I read this interview with GQ's Lisa DePaulo. Yup, just when I thought this Negro was going to stay out of the limelight and get on his job, he decides once again to embarrass me.

And this was from the very beginning of the interview:
I was kinda expecting hip-hop to be playing in here today.

Aw, sh—. It’s on my, uh, computer there. I haven’t pulled it up yet, but I’ll get a little bit goin’ in a second or two.

Who do you listen to?
I actually listen to a cross section, because I like to hear what the medium is saying, what the voice is.

But do you have a favorite?
P. Diddy I enjoy quite a bit.

Do you want to rethink that?
[laughs] I guess I’m sorta old-school that way. Remember, I came of age with the DJ and all this other stuff, so I’m also loving Grandmaster Flash, and that’s not hip-hop, but… Um, you know, I like Chuck D. And I always thought Snoop Dogg was—he just reminded me of the fellas back home. So I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed him.

Ok, so obviously this guy took the bait on the hip hop thing and his mention of using hip hop to help sell the republican brand (i.e. republican Affirmative Action for the Negro vote). But, err, umm, does he really want me to believe that he listens to Snoop Dogg? Ok, I could understand him throwing the name Chuck D out there. I mean hell, he was just on D.L. Hughley's show with Chuck D.

Shit, if I remember correctly, he even insulted the man by assuming he grew up in the projects. Of course Chuck corrected his Black ass by letting him know he grew up in Long Island New York. Yeah, but he likes Chuck D. and enjoys Snoop Dogg? Hell if he thinks those White people in the party are going for that he's a damn lie. Matter of fact, from what I read here over at Soujourner's Place, there's a chance that they just might vote his Black ass out at their next Klan meeting.

And then the interview continues as the interviewer asks about his other musical loves:

Who else?
I like Sinatra. I like old-school. You know, Bing Crosby, Sinatra, Dean Martin. Love Dean Martin. He was one of these guys who just didn’t give an F. He just didn’t. Life was a party, and you either want to party or you don’t. But yeah, I like those. I’m a big Pack Rat. I love the Pack Rats from the 1950s—Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, those guys.

You mean the Rat Pack.
The Rat Pack, yeah.

Did this Negro just call Dean, Sammy, and Frank The Pack Rats? Oh yeah, his ass is definitely fukin gone now. I wasn't even alive or around back in the heyday of those guys, but even a real hip hop head like myself knows they were called The Rat Pack. I mean, I used to listen to DJ Red Alert on Kiss FM every Saturday night listening to hip hop when I was younger and in Brooklyn NY, and even I knew who the hell The Rat Pack was.

But this Negro has obviously photo shopped his ass into the republican party and forgot to read the handbook. You don't insult icons like those guys and call them The Pack Rats Michael Steele and expect them White folks to show you love!

Now the interview went on from there and went into some pretty cool stuff. Hell, he almost convinced me that he was still Black by even hitting on some issues of race and racism in this country. Yeah, for a second there he had me convinced, up until where he said that he was never emotional when Barack Obama was sworn in as this countries first Black president.

I'm sorry, but I don't care what your politics are, but as a Black man, Obama's political success had to have an effect on you. How dare this prick say this. The messed up thing is that if it wasn't for Barack Obama, his ass wouldn't even be where he's at as RNC Chairperson. But don't tell his silly ass that though.

My guess is that he was saying that shit to make his people like him or not be mad at him for insulting their cultural icons. If that's what he was trying to do, he definitely screwed the pooch after he said this:

How much of your pro-life stance, for you, is informed not just by your Catholic faith but by the fact that you were adopted?
Oh, a lot. Absolutely. I see the power of life in that—I mean, and the power of choice! The thing to keep in mind about it… Uh, you know, I think as a country we get off on these misguided conversations that throw around terms that really misrepresent truth.

Explain that.
The choice issue cuts two ways. You can choose life, or you can choose abortion. You know, my mother chose life. So, you know, I think the power of the argument of choice boils down to stating a case for one or the other.

Are you saying you think women have the right to choose abortion?
Yeah. I mean, again, I think that’s an individual choice.

You do?
Yeah. Absolutely.

Umm, Michael Steele...you done fucked up the church's money. How in the world are you going to be the RNC Chairperson, and go against one of the central tenets or beliefs of the republican party?? Last time I checked, republicans were bashing Barack Obama or liberals/democrats for being pro-choice. So like, err, umm, how you gonna explain that one to the rest of your homies Mr. Steele?

Nigga, nigga, nigga...you fuckin up bigtime!

That's your ass Mr. Postman!

Oh yeah, I called you nigga because you're hip hop now; uh huh, that's how they talk. Even if they don't want your Black ass anymore, you're still my nigga. And you know it's bad when fellow Black republicans are calling for you to step down. It's a damn shame that this man is even an embarrassment to them. Yup, all four of them in the entire party.

You see, that's why I'm crying for Michael Steele. Us Black folks are a forgiving people, and once this is all over, even though we might not invite him to the cookout, we're still gonna have love for him because he's Black. Thats right, just like that confused cousin who talks all that pro-black shit and dates nothing but White women, we'll talk about him. Yes we will.

But just as soon she cries rape on his Black ass, we'll still be there to support him. Don't worry Mr. Steele, we cheered for O.J. when he got off back in the day, and he ain't been Black since 1968. Just remember that just in case you decide to come to the Dark side in the future for real.

You can read the entire interview HERE



9 comments:

President Anthony Taurus said...

Yoooooooooooooo I had to jump on that article when I saw "I’m also loving Grandmaster Flash, and that’s not hip-hop". I thought that was a joke. I thought you made that up. But, you can't make that up. This dude is the fakeness for real. This is sadness. Then the "Pack Rat" comment. MY GOODNESS. Just like you said Rippa, even hip hop heads know it's the Rat Pack. WTF!!

RiPPa said...

@President Anthony Taurus: Oh yeah, Grandmanter Flash ain't hip hop. The fuck were we thinking having him cut and scratch on records all these years.

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

maybe his mother should have swallowed.

achoiceofweapons said...

Don't weep for Michael Steele Argentina!

Dude is embarrassing because he is not using his platform to talk about the issues affect Black folks and all other folks too. He should be about the people but all I hear is regurgitated dogma of a dead party.

Shame!
Can either of us cry for Klanrence Thomas or Alan Keyes?
Jaycee

uglyblackjohn said...

Now the GOP/RNC can give an example of how Affirmative Action doesn't work.

But it's easy not to now the Rat Pack or PE and thinking that everyone Black is from the hood when the only thing on your mind is yo' sef'.

This is so dumb... his appointment seem s a like a skit from the Chapelle show.

Keith said...

Rippa, you're the damn truth man...I love your blog..You keep me laughing..That's why I can't read you at work..I gotta wait until I get home..Keep bangin man.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I like to read stories like that. Just add some pics :)

Apture

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails